The Noise

Around 9:30 on Monday morning, I started hearing a weird noise, kind of a high-pitched humming. My new-homeowner brain automatically assumed that it was something electrical, so I tried turning off the ceiling fan, but the noise was still there. The washer and dryer were also running, so I turned those off too...still there. I walked all around the house and determined that the noise was coming from somewhere in the living room. The only other thing I could think to check was the closet that houses our HVAC and water heater. I poked my head into the closet, but I couldn't really hear the noise from in there.

The more I listened to it, the more I thought it sounded like it was coming from somewhere above my head. So I texted Tom saying, "There's a weird noise in the living room. I think it's coming from the attic." When Tom got home, he Googled it and tried a few different things, including switching off the circuit breaker for the living room, but nothing worked. Finally he went up into the attic to check things out, only to report that he couldn't hear the noise up there at all.

What in the world?! At that point, I'd been hearing the noise for about nine hours, and I was ready to pull my hair out. After trying everything we could think of, that stupid noise was still there! So we decided that we'd call the power company in the morning and just...try to ignore it until then.

Well, Tom had gaming at our friends' house that evening and didn't get back until after 10. I was already in bed when he got home, but I could hear him poking around again, in one final attempt to determine where the noise was coming from.

Then...

At long last...

He came into our room, holding the culprit.


Behold, the Little Cute Girl's princess phone. It needed new batteries.

Oy vey.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

Great-ful

My 99 in 999, Part 2