Pros and Cons

The Little Cute Girl has another cold.

There are, of course, plenty of downsides to having a sick child. She and I missed church on Sunday morning. She has a complete meltdown every time I wipe her nose, which is quite often. Oh, and trying to get her to eat her vegetables is even more difficult than usual.

However, I have discovered that there are also some niceties. I've been using the Nosefrida on the LCG a lot, and you know how I feel about that. She's also been taking some extra-long naps, which have allowed me to get a lot more than usual done around the house.

But the best part? The snuggling.

When she woke up on Sunday morning, I discovered that her diaper had leaked all over her pajamas and her sleep sack, so I threw them in the wash. I figured the sleep sack would be clean and dry in time for her nap, which she usually doesn't take until mid-afternoon. But at 11 AM, she was rubbing her eyes and acting lethargic. I then decided that it was going to be a two-nap day, figuring that she could probably use all the rest she could get. There was just one problem: her sleep sack wasn't dry yet.

She can't really sleep in her crib without that sleep sack, so the only other thing I could think of was to let her take a nap on me. (Truth be told, I didn't really try very hard to come up with other solutions.)

I really don't want to make a habit of letting her sleep on me (it took us long enough to teach her to go to sleep on her own), but for that one hour on Sunday morning, I gotta say...it was pretty nice. Even after she woke up, she just sat in my lap and snuggled and played.

Pretty much ever since she started crawling, she doesn't like to just sit and snuggle anymore. But I guess when you're sick, a good snuggle is just what the doctor ordered.

I've always found that to be true.

Hoping I don't catch her cold this time,
E

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

Great-ful

My 99 in 999, Part 2