Chick-fil-A Diet Frosted Lemonade

I've been on a bit of a lemon kick lately. I've been adding lemon essential oil to my drinking water, and yesterday I attempted to make lemon bars for the first time. I made them for my community group meeting which was later that evening, but the bars didn't get eaten because we all decided to meet up for dinner at Chick-fil-A instead.

Knowing I wasn't going to get my lemon fix for the day in the way that I'd planned, I decided to finally try CFA's new frosted lemonade, a blend of their yummy lemonade and their also-yummy soft-serve (a.k.a. Icedream®).

(image from Chick-fil-A)

I've often thought that Icedream would be great mixed with some other beverage; it's a little more watery than other soft-serves, which made me think that it would blend more smoothly and make the finished product easier to drink. Well, I was right about that! It was fabulous, texture-wise...in other words, I didn't have to make a fish face to drink it through a straw (you know the face I'm talking about).

Taste-wise, I thought it was good enough. I had the diet version, since I'm trying to be careful about my Weight Watchers points. (I'm about one pound away from getting back to my goal weight from before I got pregnant, yay!) "Diet," in this case meant less sugar, and it definitely had that weird Splenda-ish aftertaste. And even the diet version was a whopping 7 PPV (PointsPlus value). Not really worth it, in my opinion. I actually would've been better off having a lemon bar at home, which is only 5 PPV...!

My final verdict: I'd order it again, but I'd get the regular version, and only as a splurge. The regular is only 2 PPV more than the diet, which I think is a small price to pay for something that doesn't have a weird aftertaste.

Anyone else out there tried either version of the frosted lemonade? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

Great-ful

My 99 in 999, Part 2