Offtime October Recap

You guys. It's November. I realize that I'm a little late to the party, since we're already two weeks in, but still! Where has this year gone?!

Anyway, November also means that Offtime October is over. I have allowed myself to reenter the world of Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. The only thing is...I kinda haven't wanted to. I've gotten back on most those sites, liked some of my friends' posts, and even made a few posts of my own, but most of the time I'm just not into it like I was before.

You see, October was a very productive month for me, and I attribute much of that to not wasting time on social media. Here are just some of the things I did in October:
  • started and finished reading two books, and made good progress on some others
  • rearranged the furniture in the den (with tremendous help from my husband), a project I'd been wanting to tackle for months
  • spent a lot more quality time with the Little Cute Girl, including watching her take her first steps!
  • got 10,000 steps every day for 12 days in a row, as part of the walking challenge for Tom's office...still waiting on that trip to Hawaii, though
  • started organizing the pantry
  • had a much easier time staying on top of housework in general
Phew! So perhaps you can see why I'm not just itching to jump back into my old ways. Not only was I able to accomplish a lot more without social media, but I also got a lot more enjoyment out of the things I was able to do. Half of my time on Facebook was usually spent being annoyed or angry at someone. Where's the fun in that?



(Come on...you know you've thought it.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

Great-ful

My 99 in 999, Part 2