4-Month Update (Oops)

It's been exactly four months since my last post. Yikes. Well, here's a quick recap of some things that have been going on with us...

Little E turned 2 in March, and we threw her an Uncle-Phil-themed birthday party. No, not the Uncle Phil from Fresh Prince; I'm talking about my brother Phil, who is pretty much E's favorite person. We made decorations in red and black plaid (Phil's wardrobe color/pattern of choice) and cat-ear headbands, in honor of Phil's cat Kiki. The pièce de résistance, though, was the Kiki birthday cake made by yours truly.


So, it's not a great likeness, but it was my first time ever making a cake like this, so I was pretty proud of myself. Also, don't tell E, but I really don't like cats, so I think this was quite the labor of love on my part. Just sayin'. Anyway, she loved her party, which was the most important thing.

Tom was in Louisville for classes at the end of May/beginning of June, so it was just the kids and me at home for two whole weeks. It's the longest that T's ever been away, and...it felt even longer. Don't get me wrong, it was nice to be the one to give the kids their baths and go through their bedtime routine with them every night (that's usually T's territory), but I definitely have renewed respect for single parents and military spouses who are on their own a whole lot longer than I was. I'm also thankful for the friends who babysat, provided meals, and checked on me while T was gone.

N finished her first (and potentially last) year of homeschool. Hard to believe she'll be off to kindergarten this fall!

In the last month or so, I've experienced some of the worst depression and anxiety of my life. It's weird seeing it written out like that because it feels so much worse than it sounds. Anyway, I've been seeing a counselor, and my doctor and I are also working on a treatment plan that includes some natural  and other practical steps like getting good sleep and regular exercise. And on that note...

I'm back on WW. I just wasn't losing any weight on my own; in fact, I was gaining more and more. Emotional eating was getting the better of me, and I needed greater accountability. I enjoyed writing Get Fit Friday posts, but it just wasn't enough, and I obviously wasn't very consistent with it anyway.

So that's pretty much it. Hopefully it won't be another four months before my next update!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

My 99 in 999, Part 2

Great-ful