When the Husband's Away...

So I've definitely been MIA here the last few months. Sorry! I'm still chugging along on my 99-in-999, and this weekend, I was able to knock out a pretty big goal: organizing the storage room. This has actually been a goal of mine ever since we moved into this house, almost 3.5 years ago, so it feels incredibly good to finally have it completed.

Here's a before pic...

This is just a fraction of the clutter. What you can't see is that there are many more piles of stuff just to the right, as well as another shelf in complete disarray. I ended up just taking every single thing out, getting rid of stuff we don't want/need/use, and putting back what was left in a more organized fashion.

And after...

Yes, it's still cozy, and there's a lot of stuff. But you can walk from one end of the room to the other without having to clear a path! And everything in this room is in a place that actually makes sense, which is more than I could say before this weekend. And who would've guessed that a desk would actually fit in this room? But it did! In fact, I'm sitting in this room right now as I type this!

Actually, this was an extra-productive weekend. In addition to working on the storage room/office (!), I also reupholstered our dining room chairs. So much fun. And now the chairs are all ready to be used during Thanksgiving dinner!


You may ask how I managed to do all of this with two small children in the house. Well, the answer is...I didn't. My sweet husband took the girls to his parents' house for the weekend (and my also-sweet brother-in-law went with them).

My weekend wasn't all work, though. There are two things I pretty much always do when Tom's out of town: 1) cook food that he doesn't like (this time, it was salisbury steak with gravy that didn't turn out quite right but was tasty nonetheless)...


And 2) watch movies that he won't watch (in this case, anything starring Kevin Costner).


As an aside, can you believe that I grew up in the 90s and never saw Field of Dreams until yesterday?

Anyway, Tom and the girls came home earlier this evening, and I'm so glad. As glad as I was to have so much time to get so much done, I missed them too much. They are, after all, the reason I organize and do pretty much everything else around the house; I love making our home a comfortable and fun place for them to be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

Great-ful

My 99 in 999, Part 2