10 Things I Love Right Now #1 (Quarantine Edition)

Well, last week was interesting, wasn't it...? And this week probably isn't going to be much different. My family and I have been sheltering in place; N is off from school, and the Mr. is working from home. With all this extra time at home, I thought this would be a good time to kick off an idea I've had for a long time: sharing some of my favorite things at the moment. It might be a new product I'm trying, or something more generalized; I imagine it will vary from week to week, but without further ado, here are 10 things I am loving right now!

1. Audiobooks! My local library is closed until further notice, but their audiobook/ebook app is alive and well. Last night, I finished Where the Crawdads Sing, and now I'm listening to A Tree Grows in Brooklyn.

2. TV shows featuring funny women. If you checked the Keep Watching tab of my Hulu account, you would see I Love Lucy, The Mindy Project, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and The Golden Girls (of course). I'm on a kick, I guess.

3. Yarn cakes. I've been going crochet-crazy with all this time at home, and my favorite projects lately have been the ones with self-striping yarn that's spun into a cute little cake shape. This is my favorite brand at the moment: beautiful color combinations and super soft!

4. Big Lots. It was the only store near my house that had toilet paper when I ventured out yesterday...!

5. My ginormous rag collection. It's the reason I wasn't worried when paper towels started flying off the shelves. Reusable items ftw!

6. Cookie Pop. It's popcorn...with Oreo pieces. I'm totally addicted. So far, the only place I've seen it is at Sam's Club, but one could probably find it on Amazon as well.

7. This easy, no-yeast bread recipe. It goes really well with all the soups we've been making lately in order to stretch the amount of meat and veggies we have in the house.

8. "Lost in the Woods" from the Frozen 2 soundtrack. I know everyone's obsessed with "Into the Unknown" right now, but I can't help myself. It's the 80s music lover in me. I keep hearing "Lost in the Woods" in Peter Cetera's voice instead of Kristoff's.

9. Virtual tours. Lots of museums, zoos, and national parks are offering free virtual tours for those who are homebound (aka almost everyone). Over the weekend, we toured the Shedd Aquarium, National Aquarium, and San Diego Zoo with the kids. Then Tom and I toured the Sistine Chapel. Maybe we'll "visit" Yellowstone today.

10. My church. I mean, I love my church even when we're not in the middle of a pandemic, but I appreciate it so much more right now. I'm so thankful that we have the ability to livestream services, but I so miss being able to worship alongside my brothers and sisters in Christ. Fellowship is a tremendously wonderful thing, and not having it leaves a big blank space on my heart.

What are some things you've been enjoying lately to help you survive this time of social distancing? I'd love to hear about it! I hope you're staying safe and healthy. Pray for those working in healthcare and everyone else who's directly affected by COVID-19. These are crazy times!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

Great-ful

My 99 in 999, Part 2