My 99 in 999, Part 2

Years ago, I came across a friend's blog about 99 goals she wanted to accomplish in 999 days. It sounded like a fun idea, so I decided to try it myself; and I had a great time with it! Not long after that challenge ended, Tom and I started a combined 99-in-999 on which we...didn't really make much progress. 😩 But, given my penchant for lists and crossing things off of them, I've decided it's time to try this again, so I'm excited to say that I'll be embarking on a new 99-in-999, starting June 1!

A few things have changed since the last time I did this, though, and many of my goals will reflect that...


1) I became a homeowner. Tom and I bought our first house three years ago. We love living here, but it could use some updating (the house is older than either one of us). Additionally, I've been a little slow when it comes to decorating and what-not, so some of my goals will involve putting our own personal touches on the house and continuing to make it feel more like home.


2) I became a mom. About two months after I completed my first "99 list," I got pregnant. Now I'm a mom of two beautiful, amazing little girls. It seems like I'm reminded daily of my inability to parent by my own strength; I need the grace of God every waking moment, not just in parenting, but in all of life. So some of my goals will be about spending more time with the Lord, studying the Bible, and learning to rely more fully on Him. I'm also always being reminded of how quickly my daughters are growing up, and I want to make sure I'm present with them as much as possible during these early years, so some of my goals are going to involve some fun experiences with "the girls." Being a mom also means I have to work a little harder at making time for my husband, so some goals will be all about Tom, or just Tom and me.

3) I entered my 30s. I've mentioned before that I'm definitely not one of those people who was depressed about turning 30, but I have noticed some physical changes in me that just happened to coincide with the big three-oh. Being a mom of two little ones has also distracted me somewhat from taking care of myself (seriously, I am tired, All. The. Time.), so some of my goals will be an attempt to improve in that area.

June 1 will be here soon. I can't wait to get started, and I hope you'll follow along!

Comments

  1. Hi! Glad to find your journal again. I use to follow you on livejournal. I am Ranay on there. The 99 list sounds cool. I love list but I don’t have a good track record of completing them. I did a 31 while 31 years old list and a 32 while 32 list. Didn’t finish either list but I had fun with the items I did complete.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

Great-ful