Esther the Zester

I started a 99 in 999 list this year instead of making a resolution, trying to accomplish 99 goals in 999 days. #1 on the list was to try 100 new recipes, and I started New Year's Day by making Fajitas Primavera (found on allrecipes). These sounded much more interesting than other veggie fajitas I've seen. In addition to peppers and onions, these also had mushrooms, tomatoes, corn, kidney beans, green beans, and asparagus. Yes, asparagus. As far as ingredients added for even more flavor, there was Worcestershire sauce, cumin, chili powder, oregano, black pepper, garlic, cilantro, and...the juice and zest of one lime. (After I gathered all the ingredients, I thought they looked kinda purty, so I took a picture.)

Having never juiced or zested anything in my life, I was a little intimidated, but mostly excited. We have a zester that's never been used, so this was its maiden voyage. Worked like a charm!

Here's the finished product. Not bad, huh? And they were delicious. Definitely a keeper.

By the way, I think I've made a subconscious resolution to put more photos in this blog. :-p Happy New Year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get Fit Friday: Eat Like a Kid

Great-ful

My 99 in 999, Part 2